Effective as of June 17, 2020.
The images uploaded to Cathopic are published under the license of Cathopic. To the extent permitted by law, in publishing images on the Cathopic platform, users of Cathopic offer them to Cathopic waiving all their rights to them, including the copyright and related rights associated with these images. Therefore, any user is free to adapt and use the images for commercial purposes and is not obligated to attribute or remunerate the original author or source.
In publishing content on Cathopic, you grant Cathopic the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish and display said content and the right to create works derived from this content, to edit or modify it and use it for whatever purpose Cathopic sees fit, even when you close your user account. This applies worldwide. In the case in which this is not legally possible, you grant Cathopic the right to use this work for any purpose, without conditions, unless said conditions are required by law. When you publish content on Cathopic you accept that advertising may appear in the vicinity of the content.
Remember that all content generated on Cathopic can be found and shared immediately by other users. The content will immediately and forever cease to be owned and controlled by the individual making the contribution. Any information or content published voluntarily enters the public domain.
By uploading content to Cathopic, you grant Cathopic the right to use it and you allow the users of the platform to access, share or use it. Remember that you are authorizing and allowing others to do the same with your content. In legal language it would be: by submitting or publishing content on or through Cathopic, you grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sub-license) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute (whether now existing or developed in the future). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations or individuals associated with Cathopic for syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publications of content in other media. In addition, by uploading content to Cathopic you represent and guarantee that you have all necessary rights, powers, and authority to authorize us to use any content you submit. You also agree that you will not be paid any compensation for all such uses of your content.
Effective November 19, 2021.
The Cathopic website provides a wide range of information, services and data. The user assumes responsibility for the correct use of the website. This responsibility shall extend to:
- The truthfulness and legality of the information provided by the user in the Cathopic forms for access to certain content or services offered by the website.
- The use of the information, services and data offered by Cathopic contrary to the provisions of these conditions, the Rules of Use of the Platform, the Law, morality, good customs or public order, or that in any other way may involve injury to the rights of third parties or the same operation of the website.
This page is composed of the following sections:
- Initial conditions
- The services
- Publication of content
- Use of images uploaded by Cathopic users
- Limitation of liability
- External links
- Use of the platform
- Terminating an account on Cathopic
- Policy updates
Company: Dimconex Media, S.L.
Address: Fernando Poo, 9, 28045 Madrid
E-mail: [email protected]
We want our platform to be as open as possible, but we also want it to be safe and in accordance with the law, for this reason, if you want to be part of Cathopic, it is necessary that you accept the following basic restrictions:
- You must be at least 16 years old, or the minimum legal age in your country.
- You must not have been previously banned from an account created by you on Cathopic because of a violation of any of our policies, the Platform Usage Rules or the law.
The services that make up the Cathopic platform for users are those offered at any given time within the cathopic.com network. Access to the main Cathopic services requires the user to create an account on cathopic.com, for which he/she must register as a user of the Cathopic network.
Mainly the Service offered by Cathopic consists of the following aspects:
- To offer the possibility for users to share their images with the rest of the people.
- To offer that any person can use any of the images published by Cathopic users in accordance with the conditions of use reflected in this Legal Notice, in the Rules of Use of the Platform and in the Cathopic License.
- To offer the members of the Cathopic network the possibility to communicate and share content with each other.
- To offer you personalized content or content that may be of interest to you, functions or offers based on your characteristics or your actions within Cathopic.
- To help share God's beauty through photographs. We use all the information we have, including that of each user to improve and promote this idea.
- To develop, research and even innovate by creating technologies or new developments that help us to personalize, protect, organize and improve Cathopic. We use all the information we have from the use of the platform, to improve Cathopic.
By posting content on Cathopic, you grant Cathopic the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish and display such content and the right to create derivative works from, edit or modify such content and use such content for any purpose Cathopic sees fit. By uploading an image, you release that image under Creative Commons CC0 into the public domain. This applies worldwide. In case this is not legally possible, you grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without conditions, unless such conditions are required by law. When you post content on Cathopic you agree that advertising may appear near it.
Remember that all content generated on Cathopic can be found and shared immediately by other users. The content will immediately and forever cease to be owned and controlled by the individual making the contribution. Any information or content you voluntarily post becomes public.
In relation to the content you publish, you agree to:
- Respect this Legal Notice and the Platform Usage Rules imposed by Cathopic.
- Not to violate local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws, disclose or disclose proprietary financial content, patient treatment or similar confidential or private content related to the content you submit or receive through this policy.
- Not transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) material that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, criminal, defamatory, obscene, libelous or invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically discriminatory or otherwise unacceptable in Cathopic's sole discretion.
- Not impersonate a person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Not transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) material that you do not have a right to make available to others by virtue of law or contractual or fiduciary relationship.
- Not to transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party.
- Not to transmit (by uploading, posting, e-mailing or otherwise) unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of advertising.
- Not transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) material that contains computer viruses, worms, disabling code or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not harass any person.
- Not to collect, store or attempt to collect, store or attempt to store personal data of third parties without their knowledge or consent or share confidential information.
- Not to manipulate or modify or change by any technique, areas of the Cathopic platform or its computer systems without proper authorization.
- Not to attempt to interfere with, disable or circumvent any feature of the platform.
- Not to test, scan, reverse engineer, disassemble or search for vulnerabilities in the system.
- Not to interfere with or attempt to disrupt any user's access to Cathopic.
- Not to transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) content using a false identity, and not to disguise in any way the origin of the message.
- Do not attempt to buy, sell or transfer any part of your account or solicit, collect or use login credentials or badges from other users.
- You may not use the following in your Cathopic user name:
- Domain names.
- Words that are unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, slanderous, or invade the privacy of others, are hateful or discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, or are otherwise unacceptable in Cathopic's sole discretion.
- An individual may not use Cathopic to link to sites for political candidates or parties or use Cathopic to debate political campaigns, related issues or take a position on any product, service, legislation, law, candidate or elected official, political movement or party.
Cathopic acts at all times exclusively as a provider of a communication service between the parties, not being responsible for the contents that, in contravention of this Legal Notice or the Rules of Use of Cathopic, the parties may attach to the platform or send to each other, the user being solely responsible for the veracity and legality of these.
The user must bear in mind that his publications will be known by other users, so he himself is the main responsible for what he publishes.
Cathopic reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete or interrupt access to any user, at any time, without notice, without specifying any reason therefore and at its sole discretion. Cathopic may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict material by any other means at Cathopic's sole discretion. Likewise, Cathopic may interrupt the service or immediately terminate the relationship with the user, without prior notice or liability, if it detects a use of its portal or any of the services offered on it contrary to this Legal Notice or the Rules of Use of the Platform. At this point, your right to use the website will cease immediately.
You understand and agree that Cathopic may disclose your communications and activities on Cathopic in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including U.S. Patriot Act requests, court orders, warrants or subpoenas, or to protect Cathopic's rights. You agree that, in the event that Cathopic exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Cathopic shall have no liability to you.
You shall defend and hold harmless Cathopic, its relevant employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless and indemnify them promptly from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, expenses, costs or liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which the foregoing persons may be subject that are arising out of, based upon, result from or are in any way related to your use of Cathopic or claims by third parties for violation or breach of this policy or the Platform Usage Rules. You are solely responsible for the images you upload and warrant that you own all proprietary rights to the image and are required to obtain a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free Model and/or Property Release and/or any other necessary permissions with respect to the use of this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
We also reserve the right to remove any image at any time if we believe it is defective, of poor quality, violates any rights or is of non-Catholic content.
Use of images uploaded by Cathopic users
Cathopic images are published under Creative Commons CC0. To the extent permitted by law, Cathopic users by publishing the images they upload to Cathopic under Creative Commons CC0, offer them to the public domain, waiving all their rights to them, including their copyrights and their related rights to these images. Therefore, any user is free to adapt and use them for commercial purposes and is not obliged to attribute or remunerate the original author or source.
Since the images are uploaded to Cathopic by users of the platform we cannot guarantee that you can use this content for any purpose you want. Certain images may be subject to additional copyrights, proprietary rights, trademarks, etc. or may require a third party's consent or license to these rights. Cathopic makes no representation or warranty that it owns the license to any of the rights.
Images downloaded from Cathopic may not be used to create content download platforms, nor may they be uploaded in bulk to other content download platforms or networks.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cathopic and its affiliates, suppliers, partners and agents shall have no obligation or liability of any kind (whether arising in contract, warranty, tort [including negligence], product liability or otherwise) in respect of all such indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages or liabilities (including, but not limited to, any loss of data or content, income or profit, personal injury or death) arising out of or in connection with any of the foregoing, including, but not limited to, any loss of data or content, income or profit, personal injury or death, punitive or consequential damages or liabilities (including, but not limited to, any loss of data or content, revenue or profit, personal injury or death) arising out of or relating to your use of the platform or service, or any content provided by or through the platform or service, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance. This limitation applies to damages arising from:
- Your use or inability to use the platform and access services.
- The cost of obtaining substitute products or services.
- Failures that may occur in communications, including deletion, incomplete transmission or delays in transmission, not committing itself to the transmission network being operational at all times.
- Unauthorized access in breach of the security measures established by Cathopic, and the alteration or distribution of the content you send through the platform, or access to messages or their transmission of computer viruses.
- Third party content made available to you through the platform.
- Any other matters relating to any aspect of the platform and service, including the website, the API, any current or future applications, email communications and Cathopic content on third party sites.
- Cathopic does not warrant the legality, reliability and usefulness of the content, nor does it guarantee its truthfulness or accuracy.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, Cathopic's liability, as well as the liability of each of its affiliates, suppliers, partners and agents to any third party in any given circumstance, is limited to the amount you have paid to us in the last twelve (12) month period.
You agree that, although we do our best to prevent it from happening, Cathopic cannot be held liable for the misuse or abuse of any images or content posted on Cathopic.
The user expressly acknowledges that he/she assumes full responsibility for the security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in submitting any content over the Internet. By their very nature, the Internet and websites cannot be absolutely protected from malicious or intentional attempts at intrusion. Cathopic does not control any third party sites or the Internet through which you may choose to submit sensitive personal information, health information or other content and, as such, Cathopic assumes no warranty against interception or compromise of your information. When you post content on a web site, you should carefully consider your own privacy when disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family.
Cathopic has adopted all legally required security measures for the protection of personal data provided by the user. However, Cathopic cannot guarantee the absolute invulnerability of its security systems, nor can it guarantee the security or inviolability of such data in its transmission over the network.
Since Cathopic is a social network where users can interact, the user must not share confidential or proprietary information and must preserve the privacy of individuals and companies.
The links to external sites that Cathopic makes available to users are solely for the purpose of making it easier for users to search for information available on the Internet. Cathopic does not offer or market the products and services available on the linked sites and assumes no responsibility for such products or services.
Cathopic is not responsible for the content of the websites that the user may access through the links established on Cathopic and declares that under no circumstances will it examine or exercise any type of control over the content of other Internet sites.
Use of the platform
Cathopic does not control the use that users make of the platform, nor does it guarantee that they do so in accordance with this Legal Notice or the Rules of Use.
Cathopic reserves the right to cease to provide any of the services that make up the platform, by simply notifying this on the service access screen with 1 month's notice. It also reserves the right to unilaterally modify, at any time and without prior notice, the conditions of the portal, as well as the services and the Rules of Use of the Platform required for its use. Such modifications shall only be applicable as of their entry into force.
Terminating an account on Cathopic
When you cancel your account, Cathopic deletes your profile data and photos. Once you have deleted your account, we cannot reactivate or recover the deleted information.
Remember that the images or information you have posted on Cathopic voluntarily becomes public, so it is possible that a user may have used it in their account or on another website. When you delete an account on Cathopic we delete the information we have about you and your Cathopic account but we cannot guarantee that it is being used on another site or platform, nor how or where it has been used by other users.
We reserve all rights that we have not expressly assigned to you.
You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
Our rights and obligations may be assigned to other parties, for example, in the event of a change in ownership (i.e., if a merger, acquisition or sale of assets takes place) or if required by law.
The user accepts that the personal data provided by him or that may be provided in the future to Cathopic may be subject to processing that will be included in a register of processing activities of which Cathopic is the Holder and Responsible.
By registering on Cathopic and creating a profile, the user has decided to join the platform, giving his consent to the processing of personal data published on his profile. The user can access at any time to the data provided and configure their profile to ensure their privacy.
Cathopic has access and processes public user information. This data is only used within the Social Network itself.
The parties, waiving any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them, agree that for the resolution of any questions and disputes that may arise in connection with the interpretation, compliance or resolution of this Legal Notice or the Rules of Use of the Platform, they submit to the jurisdiction and competence of the Courts and Tribunals of Madrid.
Updating of policies
The Cathopic website and its content are provided "as is". We make no warranties, express or implied, regarding any content, website, the accuracy of any information or any rights or licenses under this agreement including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Cathopic does not represent or warrant that the website or its content will meet your requirements or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. Cathopic shall not be liable to you or any other person or entity for any general, punitive, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or lost profits or any other damages, costs or losses arising out of your use of the website or its content.
Terms of Service
Effective as of June 17, 2020.
Cathopic is a catholic and independent platform that seeks to share the beauty of God through photographs. We are an open network because we believe that the beauty of God should be available to everyone, however, we need rules to make the platform safe for you, for us and for the community and we will try to explain our policies of use and legal notices so that they are understood in simple language in these rules of use of the platform.
This page consists of the following sections:
- When using Cathopic
- When using Cathopic, it is forbidden to
- Permissions and rights
- User accounts
- User account rules
- Publishing content by users
- Sharing content
- Open platform
- Our rights
- Copyright infringement
- Legal protection for us
- Dispute Resolution
- How to contact us
When using Cathopic:
Upload images of which you are the author only and that are of Catholic content, you must also label and explain them correctly. Post authentic content; please do not post anything that you have copied or found on the internet, and above all that you do not have the right to post.
When commenting on any image you must always do so with respect. You should always participate on the platform in a constructive way.
Involve your family and friends, sharing your images or those of other users that you like with them. Use the tools provided by Cathopic to let others know about your images through social media.
Accept comments from others and respect them. Criticism also helps us to improve. Encourage relevant and constructive exchange. Don't spam, don't artificially increase your ratings, followers or shares, don't post repetitive comments or content, and don't repeatedly contact others if they don't want to keep in contact with you.
Comply with the Law. At Cathopic we do not want people who support or praise terrorism, crime or promote hate. Neither can we offer sexual services, nor the purchase or sale of weapons or drugs or prescription or non-prescription drugs.
Notify us as soon as possible of any problem or violation of the Community Guidelines or the Legal Notice.
When using Cathopic, it is forbidden to:
Upload content or comments that violate these Rules of Use of the platform or the Legal Notice.
Usurping the identity of another person, company or organization. You may not upload images or interact with Cathopic in the name of another person, use another person's email address or impersonate another person.
Downloading photographs from our platform to publish/upload them to another image database on the Internet.
It is mandatory to respect the privacy of individuals, so you can not publish private information, photographs where third parties appear that do not want to appear or works of art that can not be photographed or that contain text belonging to others or directly violate the rights of others.
Disrespectful or abusive, aggressive or threatening behavior, hateful, discriminatory, or any other form of intimidation, blackmail or harassment.
Violent, sexually explicit or offensive images.
Do not use images of children that violate laws on the protection of children and the exploitation of minors.
Spamming or selling products or services.
Illegal activity. Your use of Cathopic may not violate applicable national law.
Permissions and rights
When you open a user account on Cathopic you grant us certain permissions necessary to provide the service.
- You grant us a license to use the content you upload. Your rights to the content will not change. We do not claim ownership of the content you post, but when you share, post or upload content you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to host, distribute, modify, maintain, reproduce, publicly display or communicate and translate your content, and to create derivative content (in accordance with your privacy and application settings).
- Permission to use your username, profile picture and information about your relationships and actions on Cathopic to display advertisements and customized sponsored content to you, without compensation.
- We reserve the right to change the username you have used if we deem it necessary or appropriate.
- Sometimes the content you delete is retained for a limited time in backup copies and will still be visible if others have shared it on other sites.
You need to open an account for most of Cathopic's activities. You must be at least 16 years of age or older to use Cathopic.
When you register with Cathopic a user account is created for you and all your activities on Cathopic are linked to this account.
When you register your account, you must provide accurate and complete information and you are fully responsible for your account and for everything that happens on your account and all activity associated with your profile, including any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. That's why you should keep your password in a safe place. If you suspect someone is using your account, let us know.
Rules for user accounts
You are responsible for what you post on Cathopic. Your actions on Cathopic must comply with our Rules and the law and respect the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Always comply with the law and respect the rights of third parties. You may not post any content that violates applicable local or national laws of your country, or international laws or regulations. Remember that you are solely responsible for any content you post through Cathopic and the consequences of your posting.
Your account may also be closed for extended periods of inactivity or for unexpected technical issues or problems.
Upon termination of any of these types, we may delete your account, passwords and content. You may also be prevented from accessing Cathopic and using our services in the future. When we close an account for one of the above reasons it is possible that your content may still be available on the platform for other users to continue to access.
By using Cathopic you agree that we shall have no liability to you or any third party for terminating your account, deleting your content or blocking your access to Cathopic and services.
Publication of content by users
By uploading content to Cathopic you give the right of use to Cathopic and allow users of the platform to access, share or use it, but before uploading anything you must make sure you have permission to share it. By uploading content to Cathopic you authorize us to make versions of it publicly available to anyone through any media and remember that others can do the same.
The content you submit to Cathopic is not confidential: Cathopic is a social network that shares content and images among its users and therefore it is very likely that any content you post to Cathopic will be publicly available on other Internet websites. If you are concerned that other Cathopic users, or others, may see a particular image or message or other content of yours, please do not post it.
The content you post (including images) remains yours, but you allow us to reuse and share it: remember that, by submitting and posting content, you do not lose any ownership rights you may have in your content. However, you authorize us to share this content with anyone, distribute it on any platform and in any media, and make any modifications or edits we deem appropriate (for example, for clarity or optimization purposes), even when you close your user account. You are also authorizing and allowing others to do the same with your content. In legal language it would be: by submitting or posting content on or through Cathopic, you grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sub-license) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your content in any and all media or methods of distribution (whether now existing or developed in the future). This includes making your content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Cathopic for syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content in other media. In addition, by uploading content to Cathopic you represent and guarantee that you have all necessary rights, power and authority to authorize us to use any content you submit. You also agree that you will not be paid any compensation for all such uses of your content.
We encourage you to link to, post on social media and third-party services, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, share via email, or otherwise copy and share content you upload or from other Cathopic users that is of interest to you, but only for informational and non-commercial purposes. If you share another user's content, you may not make any modifications, and you may not remove any attribution. By posting content to any third-party service through the features and functionality of our platform, you are subject to the terms of those third-party services. If you wish to remove any content from a third-party service, you must contact that service and request removal directly from them, we cannot remove content from third party sites.
We are not a content storage service and therefore do not promise to store or make available on our platform any content that you or other users may post for any period of time. You are solely responsible for maintaining backup copies of everything you post on Cathopic.
Cathopic is a platform to reach God through photographs and is therefore a page open to everyone and where anyone can contribute their grain of sand. The images and comments uploaded to Cathopic represent the work and opinions of many people. Given the variety of profiles we do not accept any responsibility for the views of Cathopic users, nor do we control the content to ensure its legality or accuracy.
Content posted on Cathopic comes from individuals, organizations and other sources. Given the variety of profiles we cannot guarantee the reliability of any source, nor can we guarantee the accuracy, usefulness, safety or intellectual property rights of any user content, nor do we endorse any views, opinions, recommendations or advice that users may post. Therefore, when you use Cathopic and rely on any content you find, you do so at your own risk.
Cathopic is committed to helping individuals and organizations that use its services to protect their intellectual property rights. That is why the Legal Notice and Platform Usage Rules do not allow you to post content that infringes another person's intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark rights.
If you find any content on Cathopic that violates our Usage Policies, please let us know through this page.
The Cathopic platform is a place open to everyone where you will find thousands of images that you can use freely but do so with respect and courtesy. Each image is the work of an author and you should always remember that.
All rights, titles and interest in and to the Cathopic platform and services including the website, existing and future applications, APIs and databases are owned by Cathopic and its licensors. You may not use Cathopic's name or any of Cathopic's trademarks, logos, domain names. Any remarks, comments or suggestions you may make regarding Cathopic, or the Services are voluntary, and we shall be entitled to use such remarks, comments or suggestions in our sole discretion and without any obligation to you.
Remember that you are prohibited from doing any of the following while using the Cathopic platform or services (full details can be found in the Legal Notice):
- Violate local, state, federal and international laws and regulations.
- Transmit material that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, criminal, defamatory, obscene, libelous, slanderous or invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically discriminatory or otherwise unacceptable in Cathopic's sole discretion.
- Impersonate a person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Transmit material that you do not have a right to make available to others by virtue of law or contractual relationship.
- Transmit material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party.
- Transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," altered, misrepresented or deceptive information or use any other form of advertising.
- Transmit material that contains computer viruses, worms, disabling codes or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Harassing people.
- Collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data of third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Manipulate or modify areas of the Cathopic platform or its computer systems without proper authorization.
- Interfere with, disable or attempt to circumvent any feature of the platform.
- Test, scan, reverse engineering, disassemble or search for vulnerabilities in the system. If you find any security vulnerability or vulnerability of any kind, please bring it to our attention so that we can fix it.
- Interfering with or disrupting any user's access to Cathopic.
- Transmit (by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise) content using a false identity and not to disguise in any way the origin of the message.
- Attempt to buy, sell or transfer any part of your account or solicit, collect or use login credentials or badges from other users.
- In the username of your Cathopic account you may not use:
- Domain names
- Words that are unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically discriminatory, or otherwise unacceptable in Cathopic's sole discretion.
- Use Cathopic to link to candidate or party sites or to debate political campaigns, related issues or take a position on any product, service, legislation, law, candidate or elected official, movement or political party.
We at Cathopic respect copyright and will take all necessary steps to ensure that all content uploaded and published through Cathopic complies with it. Remember, if you believe that someone is violating your copyright or that of any other person or entity on Cathopic you must let us know so that we can find a solution and take the necessary measures as soon as possible. You can use this page to let us know.
At Cathopic we respect copyright and will take all necessary measures to ensure that all content uploaded and published through Cathopic complies with it. Remember, if you believe that someone is violating your copyright or that of any other person or entity on Cathopic you must let us know so that we can find a solution and take the necessary measures as soon as possible. You can use this page to let us know.
When you make a donation we thank you very much for your help and your willingness to support us, but you must remember that when you make the donation you must agree with the terms of service of the company that gives us the technological solution for this to be possible.
If you make a donation through our platform, you agree to pay the applicable fee or amount according to the pricing and payment terms presented to you for that donation. All amounts are tax-free, and you are responsible for paying any applicable taxes.
To avoid problems with donations, please remember:
- Do not use an invalid or unauthorized payment method.
- You will be charged using the payment method you choose.
- All transactions are final and non-refundable.
Payments made to Cathopic are not tax deductible as charitable donations.
Cathopic uses third parties to process donation payments. Cathopic is not affiliated with these payment processors and we expressly disclaim any liability for the services provided by any payment processor. You agree that Cathopic shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of such services.
Legal protection for us
Given the open nature of Cathopic, users can do many things with our platform and everyone must be responsible for the acts they perform. These platform usage rules and the Legal Notice give us legal protection against the countless things that could happen.
We are very concerned about security and making things work properly but we cannot promise that Cathopic will always work perfectly or that all our services will be maintained indefinitely.
These Terms, as well as any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but must always be assigned by us. We shall have no liability for any delay or failure to perform an obligation under these Terms if such delay or failure results from events beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, any strike, lockout, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or curtailment of power, telecommunications or data networks or services, or the denial of an approval or license by a government agency.
Cathopic is an open project developed by people who believe in it, but you must remember that its use is at your own risk. Cathopic (including all content contained therein) is provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE". Cathopic and its affiliates, suppliers, partners and agents expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Cathopic and its affiliates, suppliers, partners and agents make no warranties of any kind whatsoever that:
- The platform or any product or service provided through it will meet your requirements.
- The platform will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- You get a specific result from using the platform.
- Any content on the platform is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Any content obtained through use of the Platform is obtained at your sole discretion and risk, and Cathopic does not and will not have any liability or responsibility for any damage caused to your device or data or for any worms, viruses, Trojan horses or other destructive code resulting from your use of the Platform or any content obtained from the Platform.
Cathopic is a living and evolving platform and we may decide to discontinue making the platform, applications, services or any part of the services available at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances shall Cathopic or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages resulting from such interruptions or unavailability.
Cathopic seeks to promote the love of God through photographs and therefore supports and encourages users to interact directly with each other. We want to bring this principle also to the resolution of conflicts that may arise, always seeking to reach an amicable solution. If you disagree with any aspect of Cathopic, with any decision we have taken or you have any problem with the platform, please let us know and together we will find a way to solve the problem. When you want to submit a complain please send us a written notice stating specifically the precise nature of the dispute. You must use the contact form.
After Cathopic receives the notice of dispute, we will contact you to study the problem in good faith. We will always try to reach a fair and equitable solution that is satisfactory to both parties. If we are unable to resolve the dispute through this mechanism within 90 days of the initial notice of dispute, then any subsequent claim, legal proceeding or litigation arising in connection with Cathopic's services shall be brought exclusively to the courts located in the city of Madrid, Spain and you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts and waive any objection as to forum non conveniens.
How to contact us
The best way to contact us is to use the contact form on the contact page.
Since digital communication is not always secure, please do not include credit card information or confidential information in the messages you send us.
Effective November 19, 2021.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
What personal data do we need and for what purpose?
In order to provide our service and show you the most relevant content possible, we need to know a little about you. Depending on your activities on Cathopic we collect the following information:
- When you create an account on Cathopic:
- Email address.
- Your username.
- Your password.
- Your activities on Cathopic.
- In addition, you can voluntarily provide us with:
- The public name you will use on the platform (Nick).
- The image for your profile.
- The information about you that you freely provide to complete your profile on Cathopic and so that users of the Cathopic network can learn more about you.
- The URL of your web page if you want other users to be able to see your site.
- The movement, order, etc. with which you feel most connected in living your faith.
- The link of your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter so that other users of the Cathopic network can visit your profiles.
- The multimedia content you want to upload to the platform and share with the rest of the users.
- Any other information you voluntarily send us.
- When you browse Cathopic:
- IP address of the device on which you connect.
- Cookies: Cookies are important for the proper functioning of the website. Our site collects cookies to improve your user experience, collect statistics to optimize the functionality of the website and provide information tailored to your browsing habits. You can learn more about the types of cookies in the Cookies Policy section.
- The name of the browser you use and information about it, such as the language in which it is configured or the screen size.
- Information about the device with which you connect.
- Your location.
- If you are browsing Cathopic from a cell phone, the unique identification number of your cell phone.
When you create an account on Cathopic all your activities within the platform are linked to that account.
Cathopic does not target persons under the age of sixteen (16) and therefore we do not voluntarily collect personal information from such persons.
How do we collect your personal information?
All this information is collected through browsing Cathopic or is provided by the user when filling out html forms (subscription, contact, registration or interaction with the website). All personal information is collected securely (https protocol and digital certificate) and stored on servers that have all the necessary security measures.
How do we use your information?
In order for Cathopic to function and offer its services and provide you with the best possible content these are the ways in which we may use your information:
- To make it possible for the platform to function. For example, to manage our relationship with you, to send you administrative information or information about our services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To ensure that Cathopic works properly on your computer or mobile device.
- To store your preferences and the configuration settings you make.
- So that you can carry out actions through Cathopic. For example:
- You can upload pictures.
- Follow another member.
- Follow the progress of each image or each user account.
- You can participate in the different activities offered by Cathopic.
- You can send messages to your contacts or friends through our platform.
- You can share the pictures you like. Remember that when you use the function to share something with someone you guarantee that you have the right to use and provide us with the names and email addresses to which you send the content.
- That you can share content with the social networks you use.
- To improve, enhance or launch new products or services in Cathopic.
- For security monitoring and to prevent fraud.
- To identify usage trends or types of profiles.
- To personalize your experience on Cathopic by offering you pictures, campaigns or offers tailored to you based on what we know about you.
- For commercial purposes. For example, to:
- Perform data analysis.
- Determine the effectiveness of a campaign.
- To provide you with offers that may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with customized advertisements and other sponsored content based on information we have about you.
- To share marketing actions and communications that we think you might be interested in. Some types of marketing actions could be:
- Communications regarding images you have uploaded or followed or other images you might be interested in.
- Communications about specific topics or about Cathopic.
- Communications about supporting causes or funding for a specific cause.
- Communications to support or help Cathopic.
- If you have provided us with your phone number or mailing address (even if not required) we may contact you by phone, SMS or mail about Cathopic.
- Invitations to Cathopic events, promotions or programs.
- To comply with legislation.
Most of the communications we make with you will be through your user account, email and sometimes through social networks.
How long will we keep personal information?
We will keep your personal information for the time necessary or permitted in accordance with the purposes for which it was obtained. Your personal data will be blocked when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, remaining at the exclusive disposal of Judges and Courts, the Public Prosecutor's Office or the competent Public Administrations, in particular the data protection authorities, for the attention of possible liabilities arising from the treatment, during the period of limitation of these. Once this period has expired, your data will be deleted.
Who has access to your data?
Your data may be accessed by persons related to the website, who have an employment relationship or through contracts for the provision of professional services, but always for reasons related to the purpose of the data collected. The data will be processed in the name and on behalf of the identity as a consequence of the provision of a service.
Competent Public Bodies, Tax Agency, Judges and Courts, when the Bank has the legal obligation to provide them or to assist in the prevention of fraud.
In addition, when you share information through Cathopic they can access that information:
- Cathopic users. Remember that everything you publish on Cathopic will be visible to other users (this includes media, search engines, organizations, etc.). If you decide to send messages or connect with others through our platform to share content, you are disclosing your information to the recipient of your message.
- When you like or share an image, your first and last name, your city and the date are shared with the person who uploaded the picture. If you do not want this information to be shared please do not share that image.
- You may voluntarily share information on message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and blogs, or any other service external to Cathopic where you may post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services becomes public information and may be available to other users and the general public.
We take all possible measures to protect your personal information, but if you suspect that someone is using your account, please let us know as soon as possible via the contact page.
Third Party Services
What rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
You can exercise your rights of:
- Revocation of the consent given.
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your data.
You can exercise these rights and, in general, consult all questions relating to the processing of your personal data, upon proof of your identity, before the Privacy Data Protection Officer by sending an email or by post using the contact details provided in the first section of this information page.
If you believe that you have not obtained satisfaction in the exercise of your rights you can also file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es).
Effective as of June 17, 2020.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize the users.
What types of cookies does Cathopic use?
- First-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use by users of the service offered. To do this, your browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the information, products or services we offer.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, as effectively as possible, of advertising spaces, if any, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
It is also possible that when you visit a web page or open an email where an advertisement or promotion about our products or services is published, a cookie may be installed in your browser that helps us to later show you advertising related to the search you have made, develop a control of our ads in relation, for example, with the number of times they are viewed, where they appear, at what time they are seen, etc.
- save your preferred language and country.
- when you return to Cathopic if you already have an account, to help you log in again.
- linking Cathopic's data with Google Analytics to better understand the platform's statistics.
- advertising management and optimization of advertising space on the platform.
- to have information that helps us to improve Cathopic, by better understanding how users use the different options of the platform.
All cookies we use have an expiration date indicated in accordance with our estimates and the function for which it is used; however, the expiration date of third-party cookies is set by those companies, which may change the date at any time and is beyond Cathopic's control.
These allow you to navigate our platform and use our services and features. Without these cookies, Cathopic will not function properly, and we may not be able to provide you with certain basic functions or features.
|_lang||Allows us to know the language in which you are browsing Cathopic.||7 days|
|_cookiebar||It tells us if you accepted our Legal Policies when you entered the platform.||7 days|
They collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember your settings and customizations.
|_sort||Lets us know the type of order you want for image listings.||21 days|
|_subsort||Lets us know the type of order at the second level you want for the image listings.||21 days|
|_team||It indicates us if the connected user is part of the official Cathopic team.||1 day|
|_user||When you browse registered allows us to know your user.||1 day / 3 months|
They collect information about the use of Cathopic and allow us to improve the way it works.
|_utm||These are a set of cookies used by Google Analytics to gather information about your sessions on Cathopic.||It can vary from several minutes to 2 years|
|_ga||It is a cookie used by Google Analytics to know your navigation through the pages of Cathopic.||2 years|
|_gid||A cookie used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||1 day|
|_cfduid||A cookie used by Cloudflare to identify users who share IP.||3 months|
Revocation and deletion of cookies
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer, in case you do not allow the installation of cookies in your browser you may not be able to access some sections of our website.
Below, you can find how to access the configuration of cookies in the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. You can also consult Microsoft support or the browser's Help.
- Firefox: Menu Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. You can also consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings menu -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Privacy -> Content settings. You can also consult Google support or the browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences menu -> Security. You can also consult Apple support or browser Help.
It is possible that these accesses to the management of Cookies in the different browsers change depending on the version of the browser, in the case of not finding the management of cookies in your browser go to the help to see how to manage them.
Third party service providers
- Google Analytics: Collects anonymous information about browsing the website for statistical analysis.